MetaTrader 4 Chart Management via Mouse
This lesson will cover the following
Apart from using the “Charts” toolbar icons and other commands throughout the platform, there are a number of chart management actions that can be executed by only using the mouse.
– Holding the left mouse button on the charts price scale and moving it vertically will result in vertical chart scaling. Double-clicking, or hitting Numpad 5, will rescale back the chart.
– Following the same logic, holding the left mouse button on the charts horizontal scale (but not the fast navigation box) and subsequently moving the cursor horizontally will result in the chart rescaling.
– Holding the left mouse button over the chart window and moving it horizontally will result in the chart scrolling.
– Right-clicking on any point of the chart will open up the charts context menu.
– Right-clicking on a technical indicator will open up its context menu.
– Double-clicking on chart elements (technical indicators, lines, signs, histogram bars, etc.) calls the setup window of the corresponding indicator or makes the line (or other object) active, allowing for its position to be adjusted.
– Having selected an object, holding the left mouse button over it allows to move the object.
– Having selected a trend line, Ctrl + left mouse click on it allows to draw a parallel trend line (trend channel line), thus forming a channel.
– Clicking with the middle mouse button on the chart window will switch the cursor to “Crosshair” mode.
– Placing the cursor on the bars close price or on an indicator or objects element will pop up a a window with time and price/value information.