MetaTrader 4 Main Menu – File Button
This lesson will cover the following
In this menu one can find commands for working with charts, managing profiles, storing history data and charts and chart printing properties. One can use the following commands:
– New Chart – a new chart will be opened. At the command execution the list of available symbols will appear. After selecting a symbol from the list, one is able to open a new chart. The same action can be performed by the button from the “Standard” set of toolbars.
Best Forex Brokers for United States
– Open Offline – a symbol chart will be opened offline. With the use of this command one will be able to select a file with its history data being stored. The new quotes for this symbol will not be presented on the chart. Opening a chart offline may be useful when testing expert advisors (link).
– Open Deleted – a deleted chart will be restored. The deleted charts will be restored, if the “Save deleted charts to reopen” option is enabled in the terminal settings (link to chart options). All deleted chart templates will be stored in the /DELETED directory. Upon execution of this command, these templates will be called and the respective chart will be opened.
– Profiles – a sub-menu for managing profiles will be opened. Profiles can be stored or deleted from this sub-menu, while previously stored profiles can be downloaded. This sub-menu can also be called by the button of the “Standard” set of toolbars. One can obtain more information in the “Profiles and Templates” section.
– Close – the current chart will be closed.
– Save As – this command will save history data as a text file in “CSV”, “PRN” or “HTM” format.
– Save As Picture – this command will save the chart in “BMP” or “GIF” format. Once executed, the window containing the alternatives of a terminal area to be saved will appear: “Active workspace”, “Active chart (as is)” and “Active chart” showing the specific size. The same actions are to be performed with the use of the chart context menu command of the same name.
– Open an Account – a new demo account will be opened. Such type of accounts can be opened without depositing any money, while also allowing one to test his/her trading system. In order to open an account, one can execute the context menu command of the same name from the “Navigator – Accounts” window or simply press the Insert button.
– Login – provides authorization. Upon execution of this command, the terminal attempts to connect to the server using the account selected. After one is successfully authorized, quotes and news will begin to appear, while he/she can start placing trades. Authorization is also possible by executing the “Login” command from the context menu of the “Navigator – Accounts” window or by a simple double-click on the account name.
– Print Setup… – provides a general setup of printing properties such as printing device, page size and orientation and so on.
– Print Preview – provides a preview of the chart before printing it. The settings of the selected printer are used. The command helps to preview if all the desired data can be printed with the settings given. The same action can be performed by executing the chart context menu command of the same name.
– Print… – prints a chart. If the “Color Print” option is enabled in the program settings, the chart can be printed in color, not as a black and-white one. The same actions can be performed by accelerating buttons of Ctrl+P or by execution of the “Print” chart context menu command.
– Exit – shuts down the terminal. If the terminal is shut down, the expert advisors and Trailing Stops will not be executed.