MetaTrader 4 Terminal Window – Account History – Reports
This lesson will cover the following
The upper part of the report includes general information about the account. After that the details about trades are presented. They are separated into closed trades (Closed Transactions), open trades (Open Trades) and pending orders (Working Orders). The number of the fields displayed depends on the chosen report type (common or detailed).
– Ticket – this is the ticket number of a trading position.
Best Forex Brokers for United States
– Open Time – the time, when a position has been opened.
– Type – the type of trade (sell, buy, stop loss, take profit, modify, close at stop and so on).
– Size – the amount of lots traded.
– Item – the instrument traded.
– Price – the price of position opening.
– S/L – the value of Stop Loss order.
– T/P – the value of Take Profit order.
– Close Time – the time, when a position has been closed.
– Price – the price of position closing.
– Commission – commissions, charged by the brokerage company for performing the trading operation.
– Taxes – taxes, charged for performing the trading operation.
– Swap – swaps charged.
– Profit – the financial result of the transaction.
For pending orders, an additional column, called “Market Price”, will appear. The current market price at the moment, when the report has been generated, is specified in it.
The summary about the financial performance of the account is located below (Summary):
– Deposit/Withdrawal – provides information about deposits and withdrawals of the account.
– Credit Facility – provides information about the credit funds on the account.
– Closed Trade P/L – the total profit/loss by all trades, which have been closed of the account.
– Floating P/L – represents the current profit/loss by all trades, that have been opened of the account.
– Balance – represents the account balance.
– Equity – represents the account equity.
– Margin – represents the account margin for active trades.
– Free Margin – represents the account free margin.
The report also includes the balance diagram and the statistical information in regard to the account:
– Total Net Profit – this is the financial result for all trades of the account. This index reflects the difference between the “Gross Profit” and the “Gross Loss”.
– Gross Profit – this is the total monetary value of all profitable trades.
– Gross Loss – this is the total monetary value of all losing trades.
– Profit Factor – this is the ratio between gross profit and gross loss, presented as a percentage. The value of 1 means, that profit is equal to loss.
– Expected Payoff – this is the expected payoff. This index reflects the average profit/loss factor of a trade. It can also be considered to show the expected profit/loss factor of the next trade.
– Absolute Drawdown – this indicates that the largest loss is smaller than the initial deposit value.
– Maximal Drawdown – the maximal loss of the local maximum in the deposit currency, presented as a percentage of the deposit.
– Relative Drawdown – the maximal loss, presented as a percentage of the maximum balance value and its respective money value.
– Total trades – the total amount of trading positions.
– Short Positions (won %) – the amount of profitable short positions, presented as a percentage.
– Long Positions (won %) – the amount of profitable long positions, presented as a percentage.
– Profit Trades (% of total) – the amount of profitable trades and their percentage in the total trades.
– Loss Trades (% of total) – the amount of losing trades and their percentage in the total trades.
– Largest profit trade – the largest profit among all profitable trades.
– Largest loss trade – the largest loss among all losing trades.
– Average profit trade – the average profit value for a trade, or the sum of all profits divided by the amount of profitable trades.
– Average loss trade – the average loss value for a trade, or the sum of losses divided by the amount of losing trades.
– Maximum consecutive wins ($) – the longest string of profitable trades and the sum of their profits.
– Maximum consecutive losses ($) – the longest string of losing trades and the sum of their losses.
– Maximal consecutive profit (count) – the maximum profit of a string of profitable trades and the amount of profitable trades corresponding with it.
– Maximal consecutive loss (count) – the maximum loss of a string of losing trades and the amount of losing trades corresponding with it.
– Average consecutive wins – the average amount of profitable positions in consecutive profitable series.
– Average consecutive losses – the average amount of losing positions in consecutive losing series.