MetaTrader 4 Additional Chart Management
This lesson will cover the following
Apart from the commands listed in the Chart toolbar, there are others, found in different toolbars and menus, which account for chart management. Some of them we have mentioned, but others we havent, so here is a list:
– Scrolling can be done by using the keyboards arrow keys. Alternatively, the chart can be scrolled with F12 (the “Step by Step” mode scrolls the chart by one bar to the left) or Shift+F12 (scrolling the chart by one bar to the right). You can also move the price data by holding down the left mouse button and moving the mouse in the desired direction.
Best Forex Brokers for United States
Using the fast navigation box, one can display data for specific time and date. If the chart has been scrolled to an area with no price data, the missing bars will be downloaded automatically. The trader can also scroll vertically by clicking and holding the left mouse button over the vertical scale on the right (where the price is) and moving the mouse up or down. To get the chart back into the visibility range, the trader has to press Numpad 5 or double-click in the area of the chart price scale.
– Saving history data of the active chart as a text file in formats of “CSV”, “PRN”, and “HTM”. This can be done by executing the command File >>> Save As or pressing the Ctrl + S hotkey combination. Also, the chart can be saved as a picture in BMP or GIF format by clicking File >>> Save As Picture…, or by right-clicking on the chart and executing context menu command of the same name.
– Printing is done by executing the File >>> Print command, or by right-clicking on the chart and selecting the context menu command. Alternatively, you can click the icon in the “Standard” toolbar or hit the Ctrl+P key combination. In case you cant find it in the “Standard” toolbar, you can add it manually by clicking View >>> Toolbars >>> Customize.
“Color print” must be enabled to print out colors. If this option is disabled or no color printer is connected to the computer, the chart will bee printed as black-and-white. “Color print” can be found in the terminals options, by clicking Tools >>> Options >>> Charts
– Full Screen mode can be turned on by clicking View >>> Full Screen or by pressing F11. You can also add the Full Screen icon to the “Standard” bar. Only chart windows, main menu and chart switching bars will remain in the display.
– Attaching MQL4 Programs is done by selecting the desired MQL4 program in the “Navigator” window and double-clicking on it or executing the “Attach to a chart” command of the context menu. The “DragnDrop” technique can be used as well.
– Adding objects to the chart is done by executing commands in the Insert main menu or the buttons in the “Line Studies” toolbar, which we will discuss soon enough. It includes objects such as line studies, geometrical shapes, texts and signs.
– Profiles are managed in the profiles menu, opened by clicking File >>> Profiles. It can also be achieved by pressing the button from the “Standard” toolbar or by or by clicking on the status bar containing the name of the current profile.
– Data Updating must be done, if any errors or “holes” occur in the price chart. In order to do so, the user has to execute the Charts >>> Refresh menu command or right-click on the chart and execute the context menu command. After all these actions have been performed, the missing bars will be downloaded from the server automatically and drawn on the chart.