MetaTrader 4 Strategy Tester – Results Tab
This lesson will cover the following
When a user tests an expert advisor through the Strategy Tester tool, results are displayed in the Results section. It contains 10 tabs, listed below from left to right. Check out the following screenshot.
– # shows the sequence number of the trade operation.
– Time column shows the time of the trade operation.
– Type section displays the type of operation performed (sell, buy, s/l, t/p, modify, close at stop, etc.);
– Order shows the ticket number of a trading position or a pending order. This is different from the trade operation number in the first tab.
– Size shows the amount of lots traded in the operation.
– Price contains the price of the security traded in the operation.
– S/L tab contains the Stop-Loss order value. The lack of entries in this field means that there was no such order placed.
– T/P shows the Take-Profit order value. The lack of entries in this field means that there was no such order placed.
– Profit columns shows the profit/loss, whose value is be entered only after positions have been closed.
– Balance shows the the balance value. It is entered only after positions have been closed.
Additional commands, context menu
The user can change the order of display by left-clicking on any columns heading (can switch between ascending and descending order).
Clicking the right mouse button opens up a context menu with 7 available commands. You can copy the values of a certain row, alternatively executed by hitting the Ctrl+C key combination, or you can copy all of the Results tabs data by executing the Copy All command (also done by hitting Alt+A).
You can export the entire report as an HTML file by clicking the Save As Report button. The Set Date “From” and Set Date “To” commands allow you to specify the time range for testing. Additionally, you can enable or disable the grid separating the windows columns by Executing the Grid command, hotkey G, and you can switch on the columns auto arrange via the respective button.